How to be a Successful Iskolar Workshop.....I was hesitant at first to attend the workshop tackling about how to be a successful iskolar because my friend won’t be going with me and it will end at 7pm. But then again, it was an opportunity I mustn’t miss and besides, it was exclusively for freshies. This would help my inner SELF.
.....I’ve learned that you must let others see you as who you want to BE and not on whom you want to ACT. If you want to be cool, BE COOL. Do Not ACT COOL. Don’t pretend to be someone else because you can achieve more if you are just being you. I see this in the society. Many people act to be the best or the greatest but hardly deserve the title and so in the end they fail and the society hates them. Like for instance, our current president today, Gloria Macapagal Arroyo, she lets people see that she has done so many significant and remarkable things during her presidency and puts a lot of sugarcoating on her faults. Hugh! Smiling her sweet smiles to the people but hides the real desire of her heart. If she really wants to be respected and loved by the people, she must BE one!
.....Well anyway, so much for that. We all have a goal in mind. And to reach that, you should have your mind, body and heart on it. Think, act and feel your goal. You must also know the obstacles in your life and learn how to deal with them. Problems will always come and it’s natural. You just have to find a way how to solve them. Also, set your priorities and know what’s needed and what’s not so you won’t get distracted.
.....Now that I’m in college, there would be plenty of activities and organizations to join and I must be careful to choose the things that will benefit me and make me a better person. This is not just in college but in real life as well. Don’t easily get carried away by the things you see and hear because what you see will not always be what you get. Life is no joke. I am not saying that I wouldn’t be enjoying my college life anymore because I will. Oh boy I will! You can do that while knowing when to say no or yes to matters.
.....All the things I’ve learned are hard to do without God to guide and help me. I should know what His plans for me are because He always knows what’s best. As a first year student, the road to my dreams is still a long way to go and I am ready for it. God is with me. With God, I can do anything! I will keep on going. I will fight for what I believe in. I’ll do things in my own simple unique ways… and I’ll just BE TINTIN in this world.
Word count: 491 words